You can use the Cantara Administration Console as a debug tool to test that a function is working as expected.
The following details are returned when you test a function:
- Function Request: The payload that the Cantara RESTful service consumes. You can use the information produced here as a template for inclusion in your own service client.
- Function Response: The data that the JDE server returns.
- JDE Transaction: The data that is being transmitted between the Cantara Server and the JDE server.
To test a function
- Open the Components menu group in the navigation panel.
- Select the Functions node.
- Select the function to be tested. The Function settings screen is displayed.
- Click on the User icon in the status bar in the top right corner of the screen. The current environment will be displayed.
- Use the environment drop-down list to select the environment that you wish to test the function against.
- Click the component execution button to display the Execute window.
- A new pane appears, for testing the function.
- You can enter parameter values as required for testing. If you wish to reset to the default function request, you can press the Refresh button.
- Click the Execute button to test the function.
- The test Request, Response and JDE Transaction data are displayed.